"What are we telling our students about their online presence... Are we practicing what we preach?"
Technology is overwhelming. Options and more options and more options. Tricks and shortcuts, applications for leisure, lifestyle and education-- there is so much you can do at your finger tips. So many choices and activities to see and do but have you ever stopped and asked yourself do you know what your doing? I know when I see my parents on social media struggling to upload a photo or save a contact, the first thing I want to say is give it here! you don't know what your doing-- I'll show you. But what about you, do you know what your doing? I saw this image about digital citizenship and the 5 Do's of online behaviors and wondered, self, myself said yes? Do we practice what we preach to students? Well, wait... what are we preaching to students about their online and technology presence? The DigCitCommit campaign is striving to teach students and educators the importance of using technology and its platforms as a voice of positivity and a presence that is engaging and informed on the issues and platforms that we partake on. I really liked this because we tell students that they should be careful of the content they post and to use technology as a method of speaking their minds but we don’t always tell them positively how— and this campaign does just that! Check it out at digcitcommit.org!

I really like this is a visual to be used in my classroom as a consistent reminder for digital diligence for my students
ReplyDelete